A-SPAN Volunteer Information
An invitation to serve…
Arlington Street People’s Assistance Network (A-SPAN) depends on a network of dedicated volunteers to accomplish our mission of preventing and ending homelessness in Arlington, VA and surrounding areas. Thanks to our many volunteers and supporters, A-SPAN is able to provide a broad range of services to individuals on the street or facing homelessness. We welcome all who are concerned about the homeless, including those who are or have been homeless themselves, to help guide people from the streets to health, jobs and homes.
Join the dedicated A-SPAN team of staff and volunteers to impact your community in a meaningful way. Whether you are interested in direct service opportunities, office assistant duties, organizing events, raising awareness or more, A-SPAN has many opportunities for volunteers to give of their time, energy, skills and imagination to further our cause. What can you do to serve the homeless in Arlington?
Use our new A-SPAN Volunteer Information Center to Manage Your Volunteer Activities
- To get started now, first complete the A-SPAN Volunteer Application Form
- Next, login to the A-SPAN Volunteer Information Center to view current openings: Volunteer Information Center
- Contact Sarah Morse at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a shift.
Get hands on
- Prepare or serve meals for A-SPAN’s Homeless Bagged Meal Program
- Work a shift at our Emergency Winter Shelter
- Assist the Outreach Staff at Opportunity Place
- Play soccer with our Street Soccer Team
- Find out about more volunteer opportunities like working one-on-one with clients and giving back during the holidays
Take the lead
- Organize a donation drive to help A-SPAN reach out to the most vulnerable in our community. Here’s a wish list of the items our clients need most.
- Lead a group cleaning or organizing project at our office or shelter location.
Spread the word
- Help us expand our social media networks: join us on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and YouTube and share with your friends.
- Read and share A-SPAN’s blog, “Arlington Street Voices”
- Sign up to receive our e-newsletter and stay informed of A-SPAN’s work in the community, including volunteer updates and upcoming A-SPAN events.
If you are interested in any of the above opportunities, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Sarah Morse, at email@example.com or 703-842-0168.